For our client - a company specializes in insurance services.
They are part of the multinational financial group Fairfax Financial Holdings, one of the world leaders in insurance and reinsurance. They operate in several locations: Romania, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary.
About the role:
- This role is a strategic hire to ensure that the insurer can successfully design, develop and
- deliver large and wide projects within their transformation programme.
- The main role of hired person will be to support the process with making critical
- architectural decisions guaranteeing high quality and scalability of developed front-end
- applications, ensuring technical and commercial feasibility as well as meeting all technical
- and business requirements.
- They are looking for goal-oriented team players who enjoy delivering value to organization.
- Lead the team of developers and interact with product owners, business analysts and
- Oversee development of high-traffic web applications utilizing React JS, TypeScript,
- Guide Teams on adopting the best coding practices and own technical/architecture
- decisions for the team
- Monitor changes in front-end applications in terms of compliance with the developed
- target architecture, market best practices and company standards
- Ensure high technical performance and scalability of the software products and/or
- Collaborate with other development teams at the stage of planning and implementing
- Work with external suppliers and consultants
- Participate in the process of introducing changes to IT systems in the field of
- supervising technical and integration requirements
- Create and implement technological, integration and architectural standards
- Work with business and development teams
- Resolve design challenges that arise from interactions across different systems
- Minimum 8 years of experience in front-end systems development, with solid engineering background in cloud-based and micro-service architectures
- At least 5 years of experience as solution leader or solution architect in the field of
- front-end applications
- Experience in HTML5, CSS3, and writing cross-browser compatible code
- Understanding of design patterns, OOP principles.
- Understanding of principles of integration of front-end with back-end
- Experience in Java, or .Net applications is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the performance of web application: downloads optimizations, runtime
- caveats, browser rendering phases, images formats and optimizations.
- Good skill to transform complex matters into simple and lasting solutions
- Fluent communication in English in speech and writing
- Good communication skills
- Experience in using agile methodologies and working with tools like
- Jira/Confluence/Azure DevOps
- Strength in problem-solving and issue resolution
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment
- Know how insurance companies work
- Have experience working in consulting, delivery, or IT company, especially in the field
- of non-life insurance
- Have experience working in distributed, international Team.
Why our client is a great place to be and what they propose?
- They propose an option for remote work
- Competitive remuneration package
- Regular workshops and team events, every time in a different company location